EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Thursday 5 November 2009

114 Mech Coy (reprise)

For the third time of trying: The photo above is 114 Coy (-) with the armour added in. It looks untidy, there are obviously Chimera missing etc. Not good. Might not have enough unmade Grenadiers to actually fill out the third platoon. I think I've only got three unmade Chimera and three eagle doors; so if I include a Coy 2iC then that would leave me one short.

The oldest two Chimera actually wobble; I'd managed to put them together on the wonk, even with elastic bands, so my aspiration had been to do without those ones.

So to the next picture:

This shows the platoons reduced to a total of five squads, ie command squad and four squads. Now the 5ed codex doesn't allow for full strength command squads, however, there is enough space in a Chimera for a six body command squad and a special weapon squad as well. Which is going to be the way I go with these.

I really must get to grips with the airbrush. Soon.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, that's a lot of painting you have ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously contemplating farming it out to a commercial painter as my Christmas treat. It'll be much much faster and to a higher standard. Even if I have to fed-ex it to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried before to get commercial painters to work to a lower standard (mine) with - for example - nothing fancy; no lighlights or shading; no washes...and the buggers won't do it!

    By the way, I don't know if you ever get to play much (I don't) but do you ever get any grief for putting spec wpn squads in with the HQs? It makes complete sense to do it, but (obviously) it's not 'allowed' within the scope of the rules.

    Hmmm...thinking about it now, I suppose that could give one more of an advantage now that five pax can fire out of the hatch.

    I'ts very frustrating that - in the new codex - neither special nor heavy weapon squads can take transports...but then, hey! - it's not like those lascannon are heavy to lug around now, is it?!
    Either way - I might start

    ReplyDelete