EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Friday 20 April 2012

The Doctor will see you now

An unexpected by product of this hobby (all the more unexpected for having cropped up twice), is the provision of secondary care for injured playmobile people. This poor pirate was trodden on by Steve (dad). I suspect the grevious nature of the injury has been hidden from Alex (4 years and counting). Anyway, after my sojourn in Kent, I imparted my wisdom; that broken playmobile limbs would break again if merely glued and that they need pinning. So I got the job; the bit of paperclip you can see to the left has since become the pirate's new leg bone. Now all I have to do is get him back to his ship....

1 comment:

  1. That's such an awesome thing to do.

    For me, every time something like this happens it feels like a tiny tiny validation of my hobby.

    The last time I did it was when the freezer compartment of the fridge broke and I fixed it...by pinning it.

    Incidentally, the clear plastic trays in firdges can indeed be fixed by poly cement...

    ReplyDelete