XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The information in this briefing is RESTRICTED and is not to be communicated to anyone without the express permission of the Departmento Munitorium. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Agrippina. 72nd Army Command
017. Please pass on my regards to Lord General Potemkin. I am now en route to Devos IV with my staff.
018. Due to the diligence and foresight of my staff and their ability to extract information from the Navy, I have been able to ascertain the composition of my command.
019. The 17th Battle Group consists of:
HQ Lt General Zhukov & Staff (Vostroya)
50th Tactical Lift Wing
902nd Inf Div
114th (Krieg [Pentarung]) Mech Coy Chimera Infantry
22nd (Armageddon) Steel Leigon Sentinals & LRMBT
540th (Valhalla) Kado Heavy Infrantry Infantry
903rd Inf Bde Maj Gen Marcus Firth III (Cadia/Devos IV)
2nd Devos IV PDF Infantry, hvy wpn squads
144th (Cadia) Long Range Recce Regt Infantry, weasels
1st Devos IV Armd Laser tank destroyers
020. The existence of the 903rd Inf Brigade remains, at this stage, hypothetical; depending as it does on their attrition before our arrival. If the 903rd is viable, then effectively I shall have one Division with no experience of operating with the other units therein. The outlook for swift victory is not favourable.
021. The Valhallans have no transport and are not up to full strength. In theory, they could be deployed by the 50th TLW. My concern is that at the first sign of a real fight the Navy will develop an urgent operational need for 50th TLW somewhere a long way from Devos IV.
021. Given that the rebellion is of the ‘popular’ type, meaning that the population will support the rebels and not Imperial rule of law, the forces arrayed are insufficient to both crush the rebellion and secure the planet.
022. I am perfectly happy to prosecute an attritional war. Please prepare to supply Battle Casualty Replacements.
12th Battle Group