EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Share & Enjoy.

Liebster_award

It does feel nice having been nominated for a Liebster again.  I know that part of this is to promote other blogs to an ever widening audience.  So taking my 'core audience' into account, here's a few:

Andy Kirkpatrick is Hull's second most famous climber; this link is to the front page of his 'site; I've found that linking directly to his blog always ends up in an unfollowable URL.  Anyway he's a bit of star in the climbing world - you might have seen him dragging Alex Jones up a cliff in America for Children in Need.

The Northern Lights - An English ex-pat living in Finland; a lot of the posts are to do with climbing gear, cycling gear, camping gear, or climbycyclocamping gear.  Which interests me.  However, the real value is the politics and media watching posts - you can search back for those.

The wonderful wobbly model syndrome.  Some things in here, that I admit I don't understand - I figure they are jokes about rules and leave it at that.

Dan Eldridge's Arcadia Prime, if only for the camo painting how-to post.

There's this as well, which I found via the responsible one's blog.  I like the way this guy writes and I like that he (he ? How very presumptuous of me) points out the inaccuracies and defects in things.

Andy BG's Iron Legion. he's got a widget that does the 40K date but the juicy filling is the care and attention given to the individual marines of One Force.

Anime, Manga, Mecha and other random stuff like cosplay can all be found here.  It's in Spanish, but I'm sure you'll cope.

Some really clever 3d art and other stuff, mostly  in London.  Here.

There, not eleven and mostly bugger all to do with 40K, but it's stuff I find interesting.

Eleven facts about me:

1.   I am phenomenally tall and difficulty finding clothes to fit.
2.   I am addicted to abelone
3.   I have six brothers
4.   I once ate a tin of cat food
5.   I used to have ear and nose piercings but they've healed up
6.   I had a pet bat, but you need a licence for that nowadays.  I miss my bat.
7.   My favourite colour is Olive Drab
8.   I have a spray can of petrol resistant green paint kicking around somewhere.
9.   I once spent the night asleep in an ambulance (it was open and had a bed)
10. I design garden furniture for a living.
11. Two of the above are not made up. (deep breaths, Drax, deep breaths...)

And lastly:

Eleven Questions to Answer (care of Adam):
  1. Eisenhorn or Ravenor?  Gideon.  Read him first.
  2. What is your favourite aspect of the miniature hobby? the portions of the community it has brought me into contact with.
  3. Will dread Cthulhu rise from his sunken city of R’lyeh? I hope not, I'm busy.
  4. What is your favourite takeaway? Stuff that's still warm when I get it home.
  5. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be? the perception of the general public ?
  6. Have you ever played the cRPG: Planescape: Torment? I have absolutely no 'effin' idea what this is, sorry.
  7. Games Workshop’s White Dwarf magazine recently switched formats and is now weekly, thoughts? nope.  Did it ?  - Don't answer that, I don't care.
  8. What miniature are you most proud of having painted? Ouch ! You bitch !
  9. How do you deal with burnout? Burnout ?  Really ?  I can imagine it, but don't see it happening this side of retirement. 
  10. Why is a raven like a writing desk?  Because it soars on thermals for fun, mates for life and is protected by law.  Odin had two writing desks and in native American mythology, a writing desk gave mankind the internal combustion engine. 
  11. Who is your favourite sculptor? Mark Bedford just squeezes Jez Goodwin out. Now there's an image to model in 3D. 

2 comments: