EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Tuesday 16 November 2021

DKK Standard. For the Grenadier Platoon

 

 

I felt the grenadier platoon deserved an effigy type standard to go along with the flag type.  And this spectral lady thingy appeared to fit the bill.  He is a 'normal' DKK soldier rather than a grenadier but I'll just to have lump it.  I had a kneeling fella with a Death Rider arm and had ordered the extra spooky lady specifically for this purpose.  No stopping now.

  

This is slightly clearer view of Scary Mary. I'm pretty sure that its an Andrew May sculpt of a Black Crab artwork.  You may recall some of the weirder looking members of The Tree of Man ecclesiastical group; they'd be from the same source.  I can imagine that Krieg folklore is chock full of Baba Yaga types, so that's who Scary Mary here is; a bogeywoman from Krieg's dark past.  


And here she is from the back. 

And the bearer is equipped for a war, which is important.  Scary Mary is resin, but so is the bearer.  If he was metal, he'd probably be man enough to hold her up without falling over, as it is, he isn't.  So the fix is a piece of roofing lead donated by my old man. 

2 comments: